About two weeks ago one of my neighbors Mr Boggany asked me if I could fix his tractor which is a 1950s Ford Naa Jubilee Farm Tractor. He just recently told me he bought the tractor from a man he was working for shortly after he graduated from high school which was in the 60s.
When Mr Boggany asked me to fix his tractor the hydraulic pump was not working due to a leak. After a quick look at the situation I figured that the fix should be rather easy since I plan that the gasket seal was out and it would be a uncomplicated process of getting a new one and putting it in.
Toy Ride On Tractors
Well I got the pump off with a small number of endeavor and managed to take it apart. In my haste, and I might add I have never worked on tractors before, when I got the pump opened up and found the qoute to be just what I had plan it was.
Difficulties started when I went to buy a 2 dollar gasket. When I went to the tractor supply they told me they only had a rebuild kit which was about 50 dollars. I only needed the 2 dollar gasket so I went home to get on the internet to see if I could find the part somewhere else plus I toyed with the idea of using a liquid gasket but realized that would be a very bad choice.
Also as I was cleaning the pump up to put back together I found I was missing one of the springs which somehow popped off when I was taking it apart. Now my task was made more difficult because now I need to find the spring or get a new one.
After some searching on the internet for tractor parts I found a kit that had all I needed to fix and rebuild the pump. After a few tense moments I was able to get the pump back together and on the tractor.
I held my breath as Mr Boggany started up the tractor and raised the hydraulic lift. I was joyous to see all working well and the fix was successful.
Mr Boggany has been cleaning up my back pasture and stacking up all the old tree branches and fallen logs. You can see a photograph of him on his tractor in action.
The Ford Naa "Golden Jubilee" was released as part of the 50th anniversary of Ford. The 1953 version had a extra nose badge noting the anniversary.
As you can see this tractor looks very similar to Mr Boggany's Tractor.
I can tell that Mr Boggany dearly loves his tractor and he even told me he would get me a key so I could drive it around if I felt like taking a ride along my fence line. The beyond doubt cool thing is, it is just so great to see how well made the old tractor is and how much Mr Boggany loves it.
If you have some great neighbors it might be worthwhile to get to know them and enjoy the uncomplicated things of life.
My back pasture used to be overgrown with weeds and briars but since Mr Boggany and his tractor; well you can see the results.
Health wise some of the best things you can do are to feel good and enjoy your surroundings. Be sure to use a bit of your time everyday to smile and be grateful for the many blessings in your life. Who knows you may find another Mr Boggany and his Tractor!
Jubilee Ford Tractor and Mr Boggany
0 comments:
Post a Comment